Friday 22 June 2012

Review XIII - Bungee Jumping of Their Own

Review XIII
Bungee Jumping of Their Own (2001)

Since I've only talked about the action films Lee Byung-hun has been in so far (Joint Security Area, The Good, The Bad, The Weird, and I Saw the Devil), I decided to take a break by watching a romance he was in called Bungee Jumping of Their Own, directed by Kim Dae-seung and also starring Lee Eun-ju and Yeo Hyeon-Soo. I'm not one for romance in general, but I figured it'd be good to show that Lee Byung-hun has played in a variety of roles.

The film is about the relationship between Tae-hee (Lee Eun-jun) and Seo In-woo (Lee Byung-hun). The two meet on a rainy day, and so begins a strong relationship between the two lovers. However, an accident causes the two to be separated forever... Or so we think. Skip forward many years, and suddenly In-woo (now a math teacher at a secondary school) is debating his sexuality when he meets Hyunbin, a student of his, who is too similar to Tae-hee to just be a coincidence.

The movie is sappy, but I thought it was sweet. It shows the everlasting love between a couple, and how even appearances don't change the love one can feel. See? Sappy, but if you're into romantic films, it's definitely a good one. The two don't end up happily ever after, but in the end, you see they do love each other, and will keep trying until they can be together forever.

I'd give the film seven point eight stars on ten. I'm not sure if I'm being too generous on this one, but it's hard to critique a simple premise like this, especially when it's a romance film. If you're looking for a good romance, it's worth a watch. The acting is pretty good, and it leaves you with a sweet feeling. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get up early for work tomorrow.

Pirate Bay torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment